Personalized Shore Excursions
Private Hightly Personalized Shore Excursions
Visiting St Petersburg by cruise ship traditionally meant buying shore excursions sold by the ship. These tended to be expensive, crowded and inflexible. Most passengers believed the statements by cruise lines that that was the only way to get off the ship, or get a personal visa which they did not help passengers apply for. When the internet expanded access to information and crusiers began sharing experiences more and more visitors came to discover that the ships never were exclusive tour providers. In fact, cruise lines never gave tours or had the authorization to conduct tours in Russia nor could they supply the visa free entry to the country as they claimed. To have shore excursions at all, ships had to contract with Russia based tour operators to create and conduct tours, and sponsor the passengers for visa-free entry.
Now that the truth is more known, more and more passengers are booking shore excursions directly with tour operators and saving a lot of money, and having personalized tours created for their party. Stan's Tours Ltd 's staff has many years experience in creating and conducting top quality, interesting and personalized tours in St Petersburg. Some of the advantages gained by booking Stan's Tours instead of the ship, include:
- Personalized itinerary to fit your interests and budget
- Lower cost
- Much more flexibilty in tour activities and destinations
- Small private groups, only those you invite to join
- More touring time per hour, not having to wait for 47 other people to climb into or out of a large motor coach at every stop
- Tour at your pace, not the slowest of a herd of strangers
- Few or no lines to enter museums and palaces
- Direct intractive conversation with your guide instead of just listening to a dry history lecture given for 45-50 bus tour members
- The opportunity to meet and converse with local residents
- Our help in enrolling additional invited members of your private group to lower costs per person.